All entrants must be currently enrolled in
St. Lucie County Schools, and in
9th, 10th or 11th grade.
This contest not a beauty pageant we are looking for girls that have good moral character, personality, and involved in our community.
The Queen will attend the functions of the Fair for all 10 days and events throughout reining year. The Court will accompany her when necessary.
The Fair Queen’s main priority is to the St. Lucie County Youth Livestock Program. Some of her duties require her to take pictures for our livestock awards and sale pictures.This includes but not limited to pigs, steers, and goats.
The Fair Queen and Court are required to follow the St. Lucie County Youth Livestock’s dress code while attending the St. Lucie County Fair and other Fair related events unless otherwise stated.
Carefully review the applications regulations and deadlines. We are looking for individuals that would be proud to represent this county. We are looking forward to meeting all applicants.
Contest attire is: jean pants, long sleeved button down shirt, belt, and close toed boot type shoes. Contestants my wear cowboy hats but be aware if you win you may need to take it off to put your crown on.
Judges will receive and review all applications prior to the contest. If there is a need for a tiebreaker, the application score will be used to determine a winner.
Preliminary - Each category is worth 20% each
- First Impression
- Stage Presence
- Question and Answer
Semi Finalist- During the Semi Finalist round all other scores start at 0
- Stage Presence
- Question and Answer
Application Deadline is Friday, January 24, 2020
Application Tips, Suggestions, and Reminders
- Type or neatly handwritten application.
- Make sure the 100 word minimum essay is thought out and makes since. * Have it proof read.
- Double check grammar and spelling on complete application.
- List everything that is applicable
- simple as “that you attend the fair.”
- The more the information you include the better. This will make the judge feel as if they know who you are as person before the contest.
- Remember, this is not a beauty contest. We tell the judges that we are looking for young girls that have good moral character, personality, and community involvement. And the more they know about you as a person the better.
You do not need to have any involvement in the fair to be a contestant. Your involvement can be as that you attend the fair. The application will be judged as part of this contest. It comes out to be 20% of the preliminary score. This will be the judge’s first impression of you.Some judges take the application process very seriously. I advise you to put together a well thought out and neat/professional application.Be creative but only include required information.
This part of your application must be completed on a desktop or laptop computer, in order to upload your Letters of Recommendation and Essay as a PDF file. If you're unable to submit your application via computer, please bring your complete application and documents to the first meeting.
Interests & Plans
Gifts and Other Incentives
The St. Lucie County Fair will provide the following:
- Queen- A Jacket/Sweater with the St. Lucie County Fair embroidered along with the Fair Queens name and belt buckle with the year or rein.
- Queen- $1000.00 Scholarship to the college of her choice. This scholarship may be used within 2 years after graduation.
- Queen- Memorable gift
- Queen- $400.00 prize money
- 1st runner up- $200.00 prize money
- 1st runner up- Memorable gift
- 2nd runner up- $100.00 prize money
- 2nd runner up- Memorable gift
- “Miss Congeniality”- $50.00 prize money
- “Miss Congeniality”- Memorable gift
1st Runner up:
2nd Runner up:
The Queen, The Court, and Miss Congeniality will all receive Bouquets of Flowers, Sashes, and Tiaras.
- Application Form*
- Contestant information*
- Contestant’s Contract and Rules and Regulations
- Two letters of Reference Explaining Community Involvement*
- Proof of current year in school (grade)
- $15.00 sponsor fee
- A 100 minimum typed word essay on “Why you want to be the St. Lucie County Fair Queen”*
Please note that only the stared* items will be submitted and reviewed by the judges. Any other items will NOT be submitted. Please NO SELF PORTRAITS!
“1 thru 7” must be turned in by the Application Deadline!