The St. Lucie County Fair Association is a 501c3 non-profit organization of a progressive volunteer Board of Directors and a full time Fair Manager. The St. Lucie County Fair Association has been bringing family entertainment to St. Lucie County and surrounding counties since 1965.
The St. Lucie County Fair Association desires an accomplished and experienced professional for our Fair Manager position. Must have the ability to analyze and implement the needs and demands of our community for agricultural, educational, recreational, cultural, social facilities and programs, with the goal of identifying and developing new revenue streams and managing all aspects of the fairgrounds. The manager will be required to work well with county employees since this is a shared facility that is owned by the county, but the land was donated to the county by the fair association.
The job requires skill in problem solving, consensus building, utilizing judgment in reconciling various day to day problems/issues based on established policies and procedures, working with volunteers, conducting research for the Fair Board and operation of tools and equipment involved in fairgrounds maintenance.
The position supervises a variety of other fairgrounds staff. The job requires the ability to plan, organize, direct and coordinate the work of personnel engaged in the operation of the Fair and other scheduled events/activities: to meet and communicate with the public and other governmental entities, business and community groups, both in written and verbal form; deal tactfully, convincingly and effectively with members of the Fair Board, Commissioners, fairgrounds staff, and the general public; exercise initiative and act with considerable independent judgment; effectively assemble, organize and present in written and/or verbal form, reports containing alternative solutions and recommendations regarding Fair operations; work irregular hours including weekends, evenings and possibly holidays.
Under the discretion of the Fair Board of Directors, the applicant should be able to:Financial:
1. Prepare and follow a detailed annual financial budget each year and maintain all financial records.
2. Complete income and expense reports.
3. Apply for and receive state aid and other grants/funds and donations available to aid the Fair Association.
4. Organize and promote sponsorship of fairgrounds and events.
5. Utilize and/or learn QuickBooks, Showorks and Saffire and/or other computer programs as our fair continues to grow.
1. Maintain records and submit all annual reports of fair to other entities.
2. Compose letters and all correspondence relating to the Fair and the Board of Directors.
3. Create meeting agendas and disperse them to members regularly.
4. Hire and coordinate all judges, volunteers, and subcontractors for Fair or events. (Garbage removal, bathrooms, etc.)
5. Update, maintain, and process all contracts.
6. Maintain and translate all Fair documents.
1. Report to the Fair Board of Directors each month and attend all Fair Board meetings.
2. Prepare information for advertising and promotional materials of the Fair and all other events.
3. Be the main point of contact for any Fair questions, issues, or clarifications.
4. Represent St. Lucie County Fair Association at various meetings as needed.
5. Organize and handle all rentals and events fair related.
6. Purchase and order supplies as needed.
7. Oversee social media accounts and promote Fair and fairgrounds events throughout these channels.
8. Organize and manage all ground projects or delegate as you see fit.
9. Organize and coordinate the entertainment, vendors, exhibitors, etc. for the Fair.
10. Represent St. Lucie County Fair at the Florida Federation of Fairs at the annual convention and workshops.
11. Identify revenue generating opportunities and present them to the Fair Board for consideration.
12. Serve as a liaison between the Fair Board and the community, youth groups, and local businesses.
Pay and Benefits:
The salary range for the position is $55,000.00 to $75,000.00. Additionally, to incentivize the productivity of the individual, a performance-based commission is offered.
Vacation days are negotiable and need to be discussed and approved by the Fair Board. Any travel for Fair business must be discussed and approved by the Board prior to the event. There are no health benefits offered.
Year 1: Work closely with Fair Board and fair employees to learn the Fair’s systems and to carry out the official financial and secretarial duties. Perform duties listed above with last year’s officers.
Year 2: In addition to year one, build upon your knowledge and work in a more self-sufficient manner.
Year 3: In addition to years one and two, be fully self-sufficient; independently manage all aspects of your role.
Discuss the possibility of obtaining an Assistant Fair Manager.
Education and Experience Required:
- Education: Bachelor’s degree in public or business administration, or closely related field. Completion of Institute of Fair Management, through IAFE.
- Experience: Five years of professional or administrative work experience in Fair operations, managing facilities, events and supervising employees and volunteers.
- Valid Driver’s License
This description has been prepared to assist in evaluating duties, responsibilities, and skills of this position. It is not intended as a complete list of specific duties, nor is it intended to limit responsibilities to those listed. It is understood that the Fair Board has the right to assign, direct and modify duties and responsibilities.
Closing date for applications is June 30, 2023.
Anyone interested in applying for this position can send a resume to the St. Lucie County Fair Association at Tracy@stluciecountyfair.org