2019 Home Arts Premium Book
Youth Arts, Crafts, and Ceramics
Division 1 - Pee Wee (under age 8)
Division 2 - Youth Junior (age 8 to 12)
Division 3 - Youth Senior (age 13 to 18)
Group projects are accepted in all divisions and will be judged separately
The St. Lucie County Fair Association, Inc. will take every precaution to protect exhibits, however, its officers or agents cannot be responsible for accident, loss, or damage. The Fair Association reserves the right to display or not display an item. All items must be picked up on Monday, March 4, between 9:00 am and 6:00 p.m. or Tuesday, March 5, between 9:00 a.m and 5:00 p.m. the fair will not be responsible for any items after Tuesday, March 5, 2019.
- Entries will be accepted at the St Lucie County Fairgrounds, in the Home Arts Building on Saturday and Sunday, February 2nd and 3rd, 2019, from 10:00 am to 2:00 pm. All entries will be registered at this time, to expedite the process please print and fill out the appropriate entry form below.
- All articles must be clean and must be the handiwork of the exhibitor.
- Entries previously exhibited at the St Lucie County Fair will not be accepted.
- There are no entry fees.
- The number of entries per class or per person may be limited if there is not enough space available.
- All Lego projects must be attached to a hard surface, preferably wood, BUT NOT heavy cardboard.
- Oversized items (larger than 3ft x 3ft), other than quilts, must have prior approval before entry, please call the fair office at (772) 464-2910 for information.
- Claim tickets must accompany all pickups
Qualified judges will be selected by committees and fair staff. The decisions of the judges will be final. All protests must be made in writing.
The following criteria will be used for judging:
- Creative use of color
Classes for judging may be added as needed.
Each class will be judged separately and each class can have more than one blue ribbon, but there will only be one "Best of Class" ribbon. Premium monies are awarded to youth only.
Youth premium monies and ribbons can be picked up Saturday, March 2nd ONLY from 1pm to 5pm at the Community Relations office in the Small Animal Building (fair entry tickets required) or after the fair at the fair office. All premium monies must be picked up by March 31, 2019, uncollected monies will be put into the fair scholarship account.
- Best of Show- $25
- Blue Rosette- $15
- Blue Ribbon- $10
- Red Ribbon- $8
Arts and Crafts:
A. Cloth Sewn
B. Knitting or Crochet
H. Decorative Art (kit)
I. Decorative Art (self designed)
K. Wall Hangings
M. Wood Working
Ceramics: (additional classes may be added as needed)
The insides of vases or bowls must be glazed, the bottoms of pieces must be finished with felt, mold marks and seams must be removed, finished must be appropriate to the piece.
B. Wheel Thrown