2019 Home Arts Premium Book
"From the Kitchen"
Division 1- Pee Wee (under 8 years old)
Division 2- Youth Junior (8 to 12 years old)
Division 3- Youth Senior (13 to 18 years old) must be in k-12 school
Division 4- Adult (age 19 and up)
The St. Lucie County Fair Association, Inc. will take every precaution to protect exhibits, however, its officers or agents cannot be responsible for accident, loss, or damage. The Fair Association reserves the right to display or not display an item. All items must be picked up on Monday, March 4, between 9:00 am and 6:00 p.m. or Tuesday, March 5, between 9:00 a.m and 5:00 p.m. the fair will not be responsible for any items after Tuesday, March 5, 2019.
Entrants must reside in St Lucie County.
Per Health Department regulations food entry items cannot be consumed by the general public.
- Entries will be accepted at the St Lucie County Fairgrounds, in the Home Arts Building on the day assigned in the Classes section. All entries will be registered at this time, to expedite the process please print and fill out the appropriate entry form below.
- There are no entry fees.
- All entries must be accompanied by a recipe, typed or printed on a 4" x 6" index card or paper of the same size.
- Up to 6 items may be entered per adult, youth entries are limited to 1 per category.
- Entries should be on a non-returnable dish and use only disposable serving utensils. No plates or utensils will be returned.
- Youth participants must enter their items in person and be present at the time of judging.
- Entries in this category are made during the operating hours of the fair, please follow all gate staff directions. 1 Person Adult/Child may enter the fairgrounds without a ticket with their entries, anyone accompanying the entrant must have a fair admission ticket.
- Items are accepted from 4 pm to 5 pm on the day of the contest and judging starts a 6 pm.
Qualified judges will be selected by committees and fair staff. The decisions of the judges will be final. All protests must be made in writing.
The following criteria will be used for judging:
- Appearance (not necessarily presentation)
- Personal Interview (youth only)
Each class will be judged separately and each class can have more than one blue ribbon, but there will only be one "Best of Class" ribbon. Judges will determine if a class is large enough for a "Best of Class" Rosette. Premium monies are awarded to youth only.
Cakes, Pies, and Candies
Monday, February 25, 2019
Breads, Cookies, Jellies, Jams, Vegetables, and Relishes
Wednesday, February 27, 2019
A. Canned Items
1. Jellies and Jams
3. Relishes and Salsas
No Paraffin is permitted in canning
You must use regulation 1/2 pink or pint sealed jars
1. Loaf Bread
3. Dessert Breads
1. Cake-type Cookies
2. Baked Cookies
3. No-Bake Cookies